The Global Cyber Innovation Summit will stage its first annual summit in Baltimore, Maryland on May 1st and 2nd of 2019.
The summit is one-of-a-kind and will convene cyber security executives, including Fortune 100 CEO’s, CISOs, cybersecurity CEOs, leading cyber researchers, policy makers, and cyber security innovation investors.
Overseeing the strategy and direction of the Summit is an 18-member advisory council consisting of top Chief Information Security Officers, as well as former government security officials, technology innovators, and policy experts.
The Summit is intended to match the top-tier level of policy and business discussion found at the annual World Economic Forum held in Davos, Switzerland. The Maryland Summit is already being referred to as the “Davos of Cybersecurity” by some registered attendees.
Focus On Cybersecurity Policy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
“This conference will be unlike any other in the cybersecurity realm, convening the industry’s cognoscenti to raise the level of dialogue,” said Bob Ackerman, Chairman of the forum and the founder of venture capital firm AllegisCyber and co-founder of DataTribe, a cybersecurity and data science startup “studio.”
“This will be the first summit geared heavily toward cyber security policy and practice and it will also focus on cybersecurity innovation and the evolution of the threat landscape,” Ackerman added. “It will create a unique cybersecurity venue for top-tier intellectual discourse and collaboration among peers,” he added.
Deloitte Cyber Risk Services and the State of Maryland will be two of the hosts for the Innovation Summit. Media partners for the event include The Cyberwire.
The 200+ attendees of the Summit will include Fortune 100 CISOs, CEOS of cybersecurity companies, invited innovative cybersecurity startup executives, and select cyber researchers, and venture capitalists.
The conference will be held May 1-2, 2019 at the Sagamore Pendry Hotel in Baltimore. It was named as a top hotel in the U.S. by Conde Nast.
Notable participants include:
- Governor Hogan, State of Maryland
- Amy Hess, Executive Assistant Director of the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- General Keith Alexander, Former Director of the NSA
- Heli Tiirmaa-Klaar, Estonia's first Ambassador at Large for Cyber Security
- Rob Joyce, Senior Security Advisor, NSA
- Shawn Turskey , NSA's Senior Executive representative to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Nitin Singhal, Head of Data Management Organization, TwitterMike Aiello, Director of Product Management for Google Cloud Platform Security, Google
- Rajesh De, Partner at Mayer Brown Law and former General Counsel of the NSA
- Michael Chertoff, Chairman of the Chertoff Group and former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security
- Matthew Dunlop, CISO of Under Armor
- Fred Gibbins, SVP and CISO of American Express
- Jim Alkove, CISO at Salesforce
- Tom Wilson, VP and CISO at Southern Company
- John Stewart, SVP and Chief Security and Trust Officer of CISCO
- Rich Baich, CISO at Wells Fargo
- Debbie Wheeler, CISO at Delta Airlines
- John Nai, CISO at PayPal
- Adam Fletcher, CISO at Blackstone
The complete agenda can be found here.